View Larger Map
All of this driving has become a typical itinerary for our vacationing. We like to fly into one spot, rent a car, and have free range to do what we wish. I always intend to share our itineraries with you, but sometimes it just doesn't happen! I feel pretty confident about our upcoming trip (which I have to say, J. planned most of it), so here it is (albeit, there may be some slight changes)!
- Day 1 (Friday): Arrive in San Jose around 7:30pm; Drive to San Francisco
- Day 2 (Saturday): Spend day in San Francisco
- Day 3 (Sunday): Drive to Napa via John Muir National Monument and Point Reyes National Seashore; Spend day touring wineries
- Day 4 (Monday): Drive to Yosemite National Park
- Day 5 (Tuesday): Yosemite NP
- Day 6 (Wednesday): Drive to Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Day 7 (Thursday): Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP
- Day 8 (Friday): Drive to Big Sur (Julia Pfeiffer Burns SP, Pfeiffer Big Sur SP); Drive up Coast; Arrive at Big Basin Redwoods SP
- Day 9 (Saturday): Explore Big Basin Redwoods SP; Drive back to San Francisco
- Day 10 (Sunday): Leave San Jose around 1:00pm
As you can see, we have a full schedule on our hands! Itineraries do change, sometimes before the trip, and sometimes as we are driving around. It's helpful to have a plan, though, and know where we'd like to rest our heads at night. Speaking of, we still need inflatable pillows...
How do you plan your vacations?